Friday, June 10, 2011

Really Awake?

Conspiracy theorists unite!

Well, not really. More of the same: a video that's over an hour long, with people talking about how 'awake' they are:

"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

Unfortunately,  what I see here are a bunch of people talking about how they're not stupid, and know what's going on (whether it's conspiracy theory, truth, or something else). Fight the New World Order or whatever....but what I'm seeing is just more division between us and them, awake and asleep, the good and the bad. I still argue that the number one mechanism at work in the world is the attempt to keep people isolated and afraid.

If fear and love really are only two emotions in the universe, the 'awake' seem to be functioning mostly on fear. The truth of the plot of one-world government, financial collapse, Nirbiru, or depopulation though Agenda 21, none of this really matters.  These are all externalities. The only thing that matters is your response to these things.

Take anthropogenic global warming. If you believe in it, you react with fear. If you don't believe in it, you react in fear of a conspiracy or agenda. In both cases, those who are in power get the desired response: fear and division.

If you're living in fear, and feel divided between us and them, then you can't focus on loving compassion, and bringing the right energy to this world.

Because in the end, the only thing that can save us is love....

Anyways, if you're interested, here's the video:



Oh yes, I almost forgot. One of the most famous of all statements in philosophy was made by Descartes:

I think, therefore I am.

What he meant by this was that the ONLY thing he could EVER KNOW to be unquestionably true, was NOT that he was awake, but that his consciousness exists. He knew it exists because it's there to question (i.e. think about) his own existence. "I think, therefore I am."

What I'm arguing is that I CAN'T BE SURE I'M AWAKE. In fact, I can NEVER KNOW if I'm awake. I can only know that I'm questioning.

Socrates said it a different way:

All I know is that I do not know.

So before I go around telling everyone I'm awake because I believe an alternate theory of something, I should spend a little more time thinking about what being awake really is.

And if you don't understand what I mean, think of it this way: if Keanu Reeves broke out of the matrix, how could he know he was in 'real life'? What if the matrix was just running in a second matrix? And what if that matrix was in a third matrix? How many matrixes (no, I'm not going to write matrices) are there? It can go on forever....So, you have to come to the conclusion that you'll NEVER know if you're in the matrix or not. But you CAN know that you're aware of that possibility, and that's all you can really know! 

Ultimately, you're left with the conclusion that everything is just really in your own mind, and that nothing external can really be identified as true, or real. When you understand this, you can start to focus, not on the things outside of you, but the things within you....

And this is the only hope of escape from the matrix: that no matter what conditions are imposed on you from external 'reality', you can remain true in your core understanding of the inherent 'falseness' of these external things, and instead focus on the internal.

And, if you can get that far, the only truly important 'internal' thing you can look towards is loving compassion. Learn to feel love and compassion (positive emotions) for all things external, regardless of their external effect on you, and you have found God.

No comments: