Monday, April 13, 2009

My Hackintosh

Well, well.

I've done something pretty cool in the computer world, and I have to say, I'm feeling great about it. In fact, I'm downright proud of what I've done. And what have I done, you may ask....Well, I've turned my PC into a Mac. Or, more specifically, my PC is running Mac's OS X operating system.

Yes, that's right, my computer is now a 'mac', so to speak. The OS is really fast and smooth, and I'm not lacking anything I had with my windows machine, and it runs about 20% faster than my system did under Windows.

It took a bit of trial and error to get it running because my hardware isn't very mac-friendly, but after some research and a bit of sweat, it's up and running. Two weeks now.

For the record, I've completely ditched Windows, and I'm only running a single OS on my computer. Very happy about that too. If you check out my YouTube page, you'll see some videos that I made, inspired by the creative tools built into a Mac, and how easily content can be created.

Since then, I've done a second computer (a store-bought HP system) which was really easy to do. Now, the owner has the option of booting into Vista or OS X 10.5.6

Sweet!

No comments: