Monday, April 20, 2009

A Call To Action

Well, not really.

I've been reading/watching/thinking too much about a lot of things lately. Tons of conspiracy theories, Aliens, and something called the New World Order. Add to that Global Warming, energy and food crises, potential economic collapse, health in the 21st century--are there really aircraft spraying chemicals on the population and electomagnetic attacks on various populations--and the fact that it's scientifically possible that the US could have caused last year's earthquake in China (totally insane, I know!)...

Point is, in this world, there's so much 'out there' to make you feel totally helpless about your situation and your place in the world. If you read my last post, you have some insight into why I've gone Vegan. Well, how does one respond to all of the other things in the world. I can try and inform people about the obvious things like how modern fractional-reserve banking (i.e. The Federal Reserve) is by design, doomed to failure and eventual collapse, how certain food additives and GMO foods are harmful, etc...people will listen if they want to, or won't if they don't want to, and sometimes, there isn't anything anyone can do to change that.

So, I'm left with the following conclusion: the only thing I can do is to adjust my own living to conform with my moral beliefs, and live a life that I can be comfortable with. By not living in fear, I can free myself from those things in the world which seek to control or dominate me. If there are only really two states of being (love and fear), then I choose love and not fear. This means that I choose to love, and not live in fear, and I will demonstrate that through my actions and my choices. By simply being the best I can be, and not responding to the world or others with fear, I can live a full and content life.

And just maybe, by living in a morally correct way, and with love and compassion, I can pass on some of these traits, or at least a desire to transcend fear, to those around me, and somehow, maybe make the world just a little bit better. My goal here is, for the first time in my life (I tend to be somewhat confrontational and difficult), to create harmony in my relations with other people and with my environment. Relations devoid of aggression and violence may lead to a better world, at least for me and those around me.

This is how I choose to live my life.

2 comments:

vijaya said...

Hi James
This is VJ hope you remember accidentally I bumped it to your blog spot I found it very interesting and I am very happy to learn that you have become a vegan. I accept your point but I would recommend you to become a nano-vegan as it is the purist form of veganisim. How Danielle doing…… good luck.
Regards
VJ

James said...

VJ,

Where are you now these days? Danielle is well, and she is also a vegan now. We really want to know how you are! Danielle often talks about you, and where you are. If you are on Facebook, please add me as a friend!