Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's Nice to be Appreciated...

Here's a quick post of some pictures from Ling, one of our clients. She's a sweetheart with a great sense of humor, and she really reminds me of my mom....

The typhoon turned out to be a dud. Too bad. Maybe we'll get to see one, but Taichung is very safe because of the mountain range.

Also, something cool happened. Danielle was rewarded for all her hard work. She was ranked second at work, and we both got bonuses (red envelopes of money). Further, she received a free day off (after the busy season), gift certificates to the fancy department store SOGO (it's Japanese) and some passes to the movies. Gotta love private business.

Danielle, as wonderful as she is, promptly gave the passes to Ben. Remember him? He's the guy from the tea house that we eat at EVERY DAY. We called his place "Luke's" after Luke from Gilmore Girls. Now we know his name is Ben, so it's "Ben's" now! Anyways, his photo is below. He gives us free food and great service, so he's more than earned them (not to mention he's taught us pretty much all the Chinese we know so far).

Well, that's about it for now. We're just working and waiting to get paid so we can buy a fridge!!


6 comments:

another-freak said...

Why aren't there any pictures of you in those? Mom said you've lost 50 lbs!

geekymarie said...

I agree. So far we have no proof that you're actually in Taiwan.
Good job on the bonuses and all the free stuff. Extra money is always fun.

James said...

Those pictures were taken by a student of Danielle's. I was teaching other students, so I wasn't around....

Yes. I weighed myself and I was 90kgs with clothes, shoes and my bag (wasn't too full). So I'm under 200lbs, and when I started, I was 248 lbs!

geekymarie said...

wow. you've sure been sweating that weight away.

But enough with the "I wasn't there" excuses. We want pictures! :-P

essie said...

Congratulations, Danielle -- you must be doing a super job!

I enjoyed seeing the pictures. And I'm glad that Taichung is well protected. I was reading earlier that the first typhoon killed 600 people in southern China.

After you get the fridge, buy a camera and post some pictures of the new you, James!

Matty Matt said...

Nice pics...
Post some of yourself, James!

- Matty Dee