Monday, August 28, 2006

Happy Birthday Nella (Part II)

Again, it is a wonderful feeling to be appreciated. Today, James and I went into work and I was greeted between classes by one of my students, Patty, who gave me an incredibly appropriate birthday gift.

Between teaching sessions earlier this month, I was discussing Jacqueline du Près, a famous, deceased cellist with Patty (Patty being a cellist, herself). Patty then headed to Canada for a family vacation and purchased a collection of Jacqueline du Près CDs, along with a little 'Russ' teddy bear keychain and gave them to m
e for my birthday (see photo).

She also wrote me a letter (an impressive feat for an ESL student) and personally brought the gift into Columbia today, even though she was not scheduled for any sessions. From what I understand, Patty is a fairly strong cellist herself. I will have to go see her perform this year at her music school.

2 comments:

Essie said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad you're having such a great time and are receiving the appreciation that is due for all your hard work!

another-freak said...

Awwwwwwww........that is so sweet! That's what you get for being so good, Nella!

Happy Birtday!!