Monday, July 24, 2006

Hey everyone,

I've been busy with work and such, so I haven't blogged...sorry. However, I'm blogging this, because it's pretty much a certainty. We're going to get hit pretty hard by Typhoon Kaemi.


Click on the map above to track the storm. It's going to hit us hard. We've got to get ready. This is the real deal apparently. It's much stronger than Bilis (which killed about 200 people in the Philippines and China) and produce prices are going to shoot through the roof afterwards.

In other news (literally and figuratively) we got our TV finally. We have 4 channels. The news here is very different. I saw a report about a bad car accident, and the news shows everything. And when I say everything, I mean it. Blood, guts, bodies, you name it. No censorship here! VERY graphic. As I type, I'm watching a report where someone drowned, and the cameras are directly over the person trying to resuscitate this drowned boy. VERY graphic.

Well, I'm going to run, because we need to be up early to get supplies for the storm.


4 comments:

Essie said...

What do you do to stay safe during a typhoon? Will you stay indoors for several days? How long will this storm last -- or is that something that can't be predicted?

And how long does typhoon season last?

You will both be in my prayers.

another-freak said...

OMG, I'm so worried now! When is the storm going to hit? You have to let us know if you're okay when it's over. What are you going to do? What are you even *supposed* to do in the event of a typhoon??

another-freak said...

yeah, I think the heat *is* making me cranky

stupendous man said...

born to be wild cool wheels