Saturday, June 10, 2006

Greetings from Taiwan

This is a shorter post, just to let everyone know that Danielle and I have made it to Taiwan safe and sound.

The flight over was amazing. Everyone warned us about problems with circulation, and how long the flight was going to be, but for me it went in a flash. I LOVE flying....There was a lot of turbulence over Japan, and really crazy flying Hong Kong to Taipei. My food floated in front of me, literally, and I had to keep my plate from flying away. The airline fed us like royalty.

Getting to Tai-Chung was a piece of cake. We've been so luck with helpful people and awesome friends. Many thanks go out to Will and Sandra for helping us get over, and giving us a place to stay. However, I'm glad we didn't bring our bikes, because trafic is insane, and it's constantly raining and will continue to do so for another couple of weeks, and then the heat hits. The food here is plentiful and cheap, but very few people speak english, and the signs are all in Chinese, so we better get up to speed, FAST!

I'll be posting photos and more details once we've settled a bit more (and get my computer connected). We already have beats on 3 potential jobs, just from being at the bar last night, listening to Will's band. (He has a guitar, and KNOWS how to play it)

Also, I have to thank my parents, for whom none of this would be possible, Thanks dad, for taking care of my apartments, and I promise, I'll make it up to you tenfold.

Peace,
~J & D~


3 comments:

Essie said...

I'm so glad that you both arrived safely and that all is going well. It's great that you already have some leads on jobs. With your qualifications and experience, you should both have no trouble finding positions teaching English. Or do you want to do something else?

It must be really exciting to be on the other side of the world! I can't wait to hear how things go and to see any photos you post.

Love,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

James and Dan were all very happy for you and hope that it will be a great time and very fun..

Good luck with everything andf I'll be looking in fomr time to time..

Danny

another-freak said...

I miss you guys. Even though I haven't been in the same city as you for a year, I miss you now, knowing that you're so far away.

I'm glad that all is well for starters. But OHMYGOD how are you going to learn Chinese? It's crazy hard! And reading must be nearly impossible! Good luck with that!

Cheers!