Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Misc Ramblings


    "My brother and I used to say that drowning in beer was like heaven, eh. Now he's not here, and I've got two soakers. This isn't heaven--this sucks!" - Bob McKenzie

So, New Mexico is poised to ban the artificial sweetener, aspartame. Oddly enough, it was introduced to the consuming public by our good friend, Donald Rumsfeld.

So, for those of you paying attention. Danielle has opted out of teaching a brutally bad course schedule at Widdifield. It's sad the way the education system works, and the way in which they tried to dupe her into taking the position. We're just both feeling good, that though our choices, and our discipline, she was able to refuse the position without too much sacrifice on our part.

Given our restrained financial situation, we're moving, and liquidating many of our possessions. Longer-term, everyone around is (you know who you are, people!) are supporting us in going to teach overseas. Taiwan looks like the locale of choice (and I was just starting to get comfortable with the Japanese language!). We'll see how long this takes....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE don't sell off Calvin & Hobbes! I understand that you could get a fair bit for it, but it's just too precious. If you don't want it, I'd almost buy it back from you!

I don't care what else you sell, just please not the Calvin & Hobbes

Alyson

James said...

Of course I won't sell Calvin & Hobbes!

geekymarie said...

Neat! I'm glad you seem to have found a way to make things work out for you.
Good luck in Taiwan!

still sad that you'll be so far away :-(